Blackhand

Blackhand

Postby Casa » February 3rd, 2015, 7:38 pm

P1: Ends at 70%.

Molten Slag: Room fills up with fire, enrage sort of thing.
Shattering Smash: Current tank should be the only person inside the 5 yard range, you get knocked back and threat cleared. Other tank picks boss up after this.
Demolition: Shit falls from the ceiling, dodge it. The further you are the less damage you take.
Debris Piles: Spawn from Demolition, when stuff hits them things happen.
Marked for Death: Chooses a random player to throw a spear at 5 seconds later, you should get behind a Debris Pile to make sure the spear hits that instead of you.
Throw Slag Bombs: Bombs that stay on the ground, don't hit them, and be >10 yards away from them when fire hits them, or you'll probably die.

P2: Ends at 30%.

idk

P3: Ends when dead.

idk
Casa

Re: Blackhand

Postby Shaeck » February 5th, 2015, 6:55 pm

Idk
Shaeck

Postby Terias » February 6th, 2015, 7:57 am

The gif platform and eruption sizes might be off, used my best guesses.

After you move to the edge, bombs go out on 2 dps and the tank. This is where the tanks swap (the one who drops the bomb will be taking 100% more damage).

Impales go to the center.

Smash doesn't need to be soaked by the entire group, you can put warriors, rogues, druids, mages, and the tank without the debuff on it - people with quick gap closers and/or high mitigation are preferable. I think 10 would be a comfortable number in our 24 man, but you could go as low as 6 and have it livable (the dot afterwards is a lot of damage at 266k/s split to the number of targets, so personals and raid cd's should be rotated for each smash).

When the smash goes out, most of the group will still be on the boss (much lower dps loss) and can quickly move with the tank out of the eruption radius (the eruption doesn't trigger until blackhand casts eruption).

Bombs and Impales desync and you will have to handle them more often than smashes as you repeat this all the way around.

The final smash is soaked by a sacrificial tank and we try to burn the boss before he casts eruption a last time.

Edit: You can't solo soak the last smash, minimum of 4 people must be hit, so tank and 3 will go on the final massive smash.

Couple notes not the gif:

I think if we ran bombs past the tanks (to the right instead of the left) after the first round of bombs, we could get the group right next to each eruption circle and maximize platform usage. Leaving room between the boss and the eruption for bombs loses you about 15 yards each time you reposition (or more), while if you drop them past the tanks in the direction we're moving (with a space open so we can run through,) you will have saved enough room to get 6 smashes in instead of 5. I didn't put that in this gif because I couldn't tell visually from the streams and our little time spent there if that's true, and I think we'll probably get it on heroic before the 5th smash.

The last tank can also solo soak facing the edge to save a bit more room.

We can move to the center after the smash to get another 10-15 seconds before people start running into eruptions with bombs and impales.
Attachments
strats.gif
strats.gif (241.56 KiB) Viewed 1428 times
Last edited by Terias on February 6th, 2015, 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terias

Postby Terias » February 6th, 2015, 8:01 am

For P2, seiges have to eat every impale.

2 Impales on the seige, burn it below 40% (all ranged), then 2 more impales and it dies before it starts shooting fire.

This makes that phase far more managable, but we will have to soak 2 impales for each tank we kill (4 impales total)

The impales do not one shot in phase 2, though someone with cd's soaking them is far preferable (you can step in from of them to prevent the targeted person from getting hit) but you will have to watch the targets after the impale as they get a 50k/3s dot on them for 30s.

Tank + moonkin are best to go up the first adds, Tank + 3 for each after that (there's way more mobs up). You should only have to do 3 with our dps, and then you can hop down immediately.
Terias

Postby Balor » February 6th, 2015, 1:51 pm

P3: One thing to be aware of is the bombs come not long after the smash, it's pretty important to get back into position quickly. Shane and I learned this the hard way trying to heal the raid up.

Fror Heroic P2: It isn't a major deal but if we could somehow either keep the boss near center OR keep a path clear from when the platform group comes down to the boss. There is 10-15 seconds to get from the platform to the boss and get everyone healed back up so I'm not way behind. If I'm having to displacer over fire, run around the siege and three bombs I have no time to cast anything.
Balor

Postby Casa » February 6th, 2015, 2:09 pm

Killing tanks quickly should greatly clean up p2 positioning.

In p3 we'll have a group sprint after each slam, to help get mines into good places. Similar to Garrosh, remember that if you place something shitty against a wall, it only wastes half as much space.
Casa

Postby Ballooner » March 28th, 2015, 6:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6nrKEJvVf4

Video guide by a boomy alt Huge In Japan (1 of 3 boomies and 3 hunters, lol).
Ballooner

Postby Stabbay » April 4th, 2015, 1:59 pm

we should probably use that angryassignments addon for this
Stabbay

Postby Casa » April 4th, 2015, 2:07 pm

rt has the angry assignments feature built in obviously because it's the best
Casa

Postby Bennykevins » April 4th, 2015, 6:01 pm

Who is moonkin 2?
Bennykevins

Postby Stabbay » April 4th, 2015, 6:02 pm

balorkin
Stabbay

Postby Bennykevins » April 4th, 2015, 6:23 pm

BALORKIN! My body is ready. are we good with two rogues or do we need Facestabinc... or Joe
Bennykevins

Postby Casa » April 4th, 2015, 9:11 pm

Should be good with 2, especially with the nerfs.
Casa

Postby Kris » April 5th, 2015, 9:16 pm

Phase 1:
We're going to get 3 total demolitions
1: Kris Wings/Xaide Smoke bomb/Salt Fox
2: Buble Wings/Slappy Smoke bomb/Shoe Fox
3: Gavvy Revival/Penn Amp/Shaeck Barrier/Steve Fox

Melee need to make sure they are in Defensive Stance/Using Feint/...etc

Shaeck/Blz/Stardust please have a lifegrip macro set up for Casa, I think Charlie is fine with nimble brew.

Slappy can clear bombs after the first demolition with Cloak.

When we transition Buble will devotion aura.

Phase 2:

During Phase 2 there will be a bunch of little swirly's that get bigger as they fall from the ceiling. They need to be soaked or they create a fire that will last the entire fight.

The Cinders leave a DoT on you that will deal your entire health pool in about 8 seconds. It must be dispelled, or CD'd.

More to come...

TLDR: WATCH THIS FUCKING VIDEO
Last edited by Kris on April 6th, 2015, 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kris

Postby Casa » April 5th, 2015, 9:27 pm

Charlie can nimble+transcendence one of the three smashes in that phase, we'll need lifegrips for the other two.
Casa

Postby Kris » April 5th, 2015, 9:31 pm

They don't matter as much until the 3rd smash, when the room is covered in shit. But I don't think its a bad idea to just lifegrip you considering we have 2-3 of them.
Kris

Postby Balor » April 6th, 2015, 1:55 am

2: Balor Tranq/Penn Amp/Slappy Smoke bomb/Shoe Fox

We need to make sure we're all on the same page. I'm not a night elf nor do I think shadow meld takes you out of combat long enough to respec.

Isn't the first smash in p1 fairly easy to handle without movement cooldowns? It happens shortly into the phase before the magma gets out of hand, a sac or something on the tank should handle it without needing to brew,lg it yes?
Last edited by Balor on April 6th, 2015, 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Balor

Postby Manny » April 6th, 2015, 7:46 am

So I'm gonna be honest I haven't much time this weekend or will have today to read all this, I will try my best! What do I do know is that each phase is difficult and we need to take it step by step. First phase is all about maximizing dps while taking less dmg from demolition possible, p2 is all about control and coordination. P3 little bit of both!
Manny

Postby Bennykevins » April 6th, 2015, 8:44 am

If we just slow it down a little in pulls and get it step by step down (like manny said) like we did on imp, we will be fine. I don't think face pulling it is going to be effective for us.
Bennykevins

Postby whiterah » April 6th, 2015, 11:31 am

the video kris linked is very helpful imo. people should make sure they watch that.
whiterah

Next

Return to 6.0