Mistress Sassz'ine

In which we discuss strategies for the slaying of raid bosses.

Mistress Sassz'ine

Postby simetrik » June 12th, 2017, 12:31 am

Mechanics for the whole fight:

Burden of Pain (tank only) - tank adds, no boss, while you have the debuff
Hydra Shot - help soak, but don't get more than one stack of the debuff. Only a 6s duration on the debuff on ptr.
Abyss Stalkers drop pools of black shit when they die. Relevant for multiple phases.

Phase 1:

Stand behind black shit to hide from tornados. Killing adds in time for this is the dps check.
Murlocs spawn on people. Knock them off by standing in jellyfish circles. Otherwise avoid jellyfish (though their stun is dispellable).

Phase 2:

Carry ink dropped by Ossunet to Sarukel when he's sucking everyone in.
Dodge crashing wave (an easier version of Star Augur mythic's final phase).

Phase 3:

P1 and p2 at the same time.
simetrik

Re: Mistress Sassz'ine

Postby Solarian » June 12th, 2017, 10:33 am

come back to us sim
Solarian

Postby Solarian » June 12th, 2017, 10:34 am

mistress sassy
Solarian

Postby Pagulayan » June 12th, 2017, 4:01 pm

Mistress Simmy
Pagulayan
Officer

Postby bubleheart » June 19th, 2017, 11:32 am

Keys to Victory:

[b]***Things to keep in mind are black ink that drops from Abyss Stalkers, Murlocs, each sea monsters special ability - Kraken thing = ink everywhere that slows you, shark or fish monster = Star Augur eye beam thing in Mythic p3, other thing (whale shark?) - pulls you in with devouring maw)***

Phase 1 (Everything everywhere 100%-70%):

1) KIll adds. Abyss Stalkers should get to low hp and wait for tornado cast. Then kill them. These guys can case Dark Depths which teleports them to someone to cast some shadow dot attack. The shadow dot does not matter as much, but it CAN matter if they are not dead where they need to die to manage the tornadoes. This can be interrupted and is probably a solid plan.

2) Make sure you run behind black ink for the tornado! This causes the tornado to slow down. You can now dodge the tornado line. Do not get hit by tornadoes. They hurt. Stand behind ink, not in it.

3) Soak Hydra Shot. Targets fan out around boss and people evenly spread into these groups to soak.

4) Consuming Hunger - brings murlocs to jump on you and eat you. Knock them off by running to the jellyfish! Kill the murloc. Jellyfish stun is dispellable.

5) Tanks do tank things and one with debuff probably should not soak the Hydra thing.

Phase 2 (Not so many tentacles 70%-30%):

1) Hydra shot is still happening! Hurray! Hail hydra!

2) Vellius! Shark/Fish thing will do Star Augur eye beam. Dodge. Save movement speed stuff for here!

3) Tentacle thing (there aren't any tentacles in this fight)! Shoots ink everywhere! Do not soak until whale fish casts Devouring Maw.

4) Whale fish! - casts devouring maw. Sucks everything in and if you reach his mouth he chomps you. Don't get chomped. When he does this, 5 people grab ink and get close to him (hunters and mages, you knew you would have bitch duty on something). This sucks off the ink and he is disgusted and leaves. He does not like how your ink tastes.
ImageImage

5) Ability above also does raid wide damage. Healers be ready to be healin'.

6) Tanks prob doing tank things with debuffs cause tanks gotta do something.

Phase 3 (This is where we victory 30% - dead):

1) Tank debuff still happening.

2) Hydra shot still going on. Hail hydra.

3) Tornadoes are back. Make sure Abyss Stalkers die when this is cast so they create gaps in the line. They can teleport just like in p1 so watch the interrupts.

4) Vellius is still here causing waves (eye beam mechanic)

5) Ink jerk is still inkin'. No way to remove cause other thing didn't like your ink.

6) Murlocs are back but you can't remove them! This is the soft enrage pretty much. Kill boss before you get eaten.

Video:

https://youtu.be/Z9QqAdjS55g

Other Useful Things:

http://phoguild.enjin.com/forum/m/39307 ... s-sasszine
Last edited by bubleheart on June 20th, 2017, 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
bubleheart
Officer

Postby Solarian » June 23rd, 2017, 12:16 pm

https://gfycat.com/SociableAllHippopotamus

idk how you make the gif just show buble, if you wanna add this somewhere
Last edited by Solarian on June 23rd, 2017, 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Solarian

Postby Melissii » July 18th, 2017, 12:27 am

Going to be one of those phase by phase type of fights.

Focus for phase 1:

1) If you get Consuming Hunger debuff > top priority - remove by standing in Thundering Shock AKA jellyfish circles (healers get ready to dispel asap)
These murlocs need to die ASAP- interrupt/stun/grip them pls.

2) Soak Hydra Shots - melee esp need to move or you will get super stunned and die. Chase your marked person like your life depends on it.

3) Control AOE dps
So many things to dot but so little time. but don't do it. or we rip. control all the things.

4) Super Fish Buffs
If you have a pufferfish DPS buff, make sure you get rid of it in time. Gotta drop it every 15% of boss HP or rip.

~M
Last edited by Melissii on July 18th, 2017, 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melissii

Postby bubleheart » July 18th, 2017, 9:05 am

Solarian - You acutally need to find a GIF of the thing with the file type .gif. Then you can just [img] tag it and it will pop up like I did. What you posted is not a gif but definitely worth the view.

Keys to victory for next time:

Pretty much was Melissii said.

I think we need something to really highlight the markers on people. Thanks Blizz for disabling that stuff in raids. Is there a way to make it way more pronounced on the player so people have no question who they are running to for hydra shot?

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcHJN2-nrxQ
https://www.wowprogress.com/video/16241 ... est-dd-pov - more relevant as it is after the hydra shot hotfix

I like the WA from the 1st video for next hydra shot. Let's people know exactly when they need to start getting around the boss. This was probably before the nerf to soaking it and I am having a hard time finding a video of that.

Also if we are coming to 85% then 70% make sure you stand in something and drop the fish. It is better to drop that shit on the edge and as you can see in the 2nd video the fish markers server 2 purposes. 1) Where to pick them up and 2) where to drop them off. I like that idea and is WAY cleaner. The more we can keep the boss near the center, the better. The damage is nice, but I will be happy with us hitting enrage on this fight. That way we know the mechanics.

You guys wanna jump up some ranks, focus on this fight and doing mechanics VERY well. Don't meme, don't mess around, just focus on the next task. Get p1 down, then p2, then win game.

Let's start crushing this server again. All these 3/9 guilds on here thinking they cool and I know we are better. Let's fucking crush it guys.

Also 32 raid days left til my Honeymoon. We get KJ dead before then, I will do 2 things. 1) Provide a decent amount of liquor at Blizzcon. 2) For those not attending Blizzcon and just in general, I will provide a pizza party raid sometime after the new year (mainly because I need to figure out expenses after my wedding and I will try and do it this year, but more likely next year).
Last edited by bubleheart on July 18th, 2017, 9:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
bubleheart
Officer

Postby Solarian » July 18th, 2017, 11:30 am

Just to be clear: people keep saying to stand in things to drop the fish. I thought we had established we would be relying on tanks doing the swap thing to force a drop on everyone who still has it at certain percents? I was under the impression this is how most guilds did it.
Solarian

Postby bubleheart » July 18th, 2017, 11:42 am

Correct. I meant to edit that out as I typed that first and it kind of still stand. Most of the time it will be the tank using the ability to make everyone drop it, but sometimes getting hit by something is a last resort or something in p3 where damage is heavy. In the video I linked the spriest does drop the last fish himself by running over something.
bubleheart
Officer

Postby Solarian » July 18th, 2017, 11:50 am

Gotcha, I guess relying on the tanks 100% will only be reasonable during p1 when there is less going on. Looks like in the nurf'd video they just get auto dropped when the whale/shark sucks everyone in
Last edited by Solarian on July 18th, 2017, 11:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Solarian

Postby bubleheart » July 18th, 2017, 11:53 am

Correct. I would say it might be ok during p2, but we would have to see how abilities line up. For now we should focus on getting the fish in the correct players hands, and dropping them in the right space so the shark thing is well out of where we need to be.

The thing to remember is you will probably have the fish for about 10% and after that you will be looking to drop it. Holding it past that could be a liability while learning and we really should not focus on that until we are hitting a dps wall (if we even do).
Last edited by bubleheart on July 18th, 2017, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
bubleheart
Officer

Postby Molecular » July 18th, 2017, 11:56 am

If we are relying on Charlie and I, we need to get the coordination of when exactly you guys want the dmg to go out to force the drop. Essentially, a call out for when the people with the fish are on the edge and which # tank debuff they should fall around (which we figured out the first one falls at around 87ish%). If that coordination is figured out, that would make us controlling the drop easy. However, if too many shenanigans happen with it, it would be probably be easier to self-drop to allow us to progress further (I do not think we will have a coordination issue after some more pulls of true progression).
Molecular

Postby Solarian » July 18th, 2017, 12:04 pm

Molecular wrote:If we are relying on Charlie and I, we need to get the coordination of when exactly you guys want the dmg to go out to force the drop. Essentially, a call out for when the people with the fish are on the edge and which # tank debuff they should fall around (which we figured out the first one falls at around 87ish%). If that coordination is figured out, that would make us controlling the drop easy. However, if too many shenanigans happen with it, it would be probably be easier to self-drop to allow us to progress further (I do not think we will have a coordination issue after some more pulls of true progression).

I don't recall how our damage matches up, but in the nerfed video they have tanks do the drop during the first tornadoes, right as the boss is getting to 85%. By no means do we have to cut it that close, but I think it would be easier to just set a % / part of the fight (as things become more of a routine) and have the first group make sure they are in the right spot for the drop.

I also don't know the exact mechanic behind the tank swap ability other than you take a hit with the debuff on you, so pardon any ignorance :)
Last edited by Solarian on July 18th, 2017, 12:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Solarian

Postby Molecular » July 18th, 2017, 1:26 pm

Solarian wrote:
Molecular wrote:If we are relying on Charlie and I, we need to get the coordination of when exactly you guys want the dmg to go out to force the drop. Essentially, a call out for when the people with the fish are on the edge and which # tank debuff they should fall around (which we figured out the first one falls at around 87ish%). If that coordination is figured out, that would make us controlling the drop easy. However, if too many shenanigans happen with it, it would be probably be easier to self-drop to allow us to progress further (I do not think we will have a coordination issue after some more pulls of true progression).

I don't recall how our damage matches up, but in the nerfed video they have tanks do the drop during the first tornadoes, right as the boss is getting to 85%. By no means do we have to cut it that close, but I think it would be easier to just set a % / part of the fight (as things become more of a routine) and have the first group make sure they are in the right spot for the drop.

I also don't know the exact mechanic behind the tank swap ability other than you take a hit with the debuff on you, so pardon any ignorance :)

Yeah, I think we are pretty comfortable triggering that first drop after that set but I know that the fanning out to the edges by the time it triggered was not always when the DPS was in best positions so...

Any physical damage taken by the debuffed tank will result in burden sending out the AoE pulse.
Molecular

Postby Solarian » July 18th, 2017, 1:42 pm

Should bust out the whip on those slacking dps then!
Solarian

Postby Solarian » July 19th, 2017, 11:51 am

fatboss video
Last edited by Solarian on July 19th, 2017, 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Solarian

Postby bubleheart » July 19th, 2017, 12:36 pm

1) Abyss Stalkers need to die just as tornadoes are about to spawn. Do not #yolo cleave.

2) Bufferfish! Make sure when dropping you move away from the raid or where the raid needs to move (including melee).

1st set (100-85%): Dropped by 2nd burden of pain. Tank uses CD so raid dmg isn't aids.

2nd set (85-70%): Also dropped by burden of pain.

3rd set (70-55%): Do not pick up. Wait for Devouring maw. This lines up with everything. Its Maw > Hydra Shot so people have to be quick to get
ink to the maw and then run quickly to soak hydra shot. After we all live, healers go get the things for manananana. I'd probably use a CD or two
here! Healers should be able to hold onto them until next Devouring maw OR drop via ink. Depends on when we push.

4th set (55-40%): Pick it up OR don't. Uptime here is low cause of all the random shit going on. Can choose to avoid this set. Just make sure if you
do pick it up you are in a spot to drop it that wont A) kill you or B) kill others.

5th set (40-25%): Reset to 1st group. Uptime is hard, but can be handled. Drop fish using ink away from the raid. Don't be a jerk and make
everyone else move cause you are a jackass and can't move out of the raid to drop a fish.

6th set (25-10%): Grab the fish and hope for the best as the ink gets hard to avoid here. Just try and keep it out of high traffic areas.

3) In the p3 people will probably need to soak ink puddles as there is a shitload.

4) The crashing wave from the big fish is a lot faster so we should tank the boss near the edge of center or edge of the room.

5) Have healing CDs for hydra shots in p3. They mean fucking business. This WA should help us as it dynamically sets up soak groups for Hydra Shot.
Hydra Shot WA - https://pastebin.com/vXEGUMW8
Last edited by bubleheart on July 19th, 2017, 12:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
bubleheart
Officer

Postby bubleheart » July 25th, 2017, 8:43 am

Keys to victory (almost there! LET'S GOOOOOOOOO!):

1) Get to the correct hydra shot mark. This was the main thing killing people throughout the night I would guess. Minimize that and we can get solid p3 attempts every time.

2) Make sure abyss stalkers die when we need them to. Also if you can interrupt them in p3, it might be a solid idea so we can get better bufferfish uptime. Listen for the call, then kill the eels.

3) Let's keep being proactive on calls. When we did that we did SO much better. There is a lot going on and saying what is coming up next is a huge key to success. Keep calling Wave Crash, Hydra Shot, and Maws. Don't spam discord with useless info, but relevant info to winning.

4) Bufferfish uptime. Please be smart and use these wisely. Try and get as much out of it as we can so we can win and move on.

Let's keep the progress train rolling tonight. Bring your A-game.
bubleheart
Officer

Postby bubleheart » July 26th, 2017, 12:09 pm

progress.PNG
progress.PNG (17.11 KiB) Viewed 340 times

MOTIVATION! Let's kill this tonight!
bubleheart
Officer

Next

Return to Raid Boss Strategies