Vim

Move threads to here if you don't want people to see them. If you delete something it's srsly GONE FOREVER so please move things here instead in case we want to check back later.

Vim

Postby Pagulayan » May 28th, 2017, 7:05 pm

I know we have a fairly decent size roster when everyone shows up, I think this guy is one of those people that are probably worth strongly considering anyway though. Better than the more common app that can be quickly dismissed.
Pagulayan
Officer

Re: Vim

Postby BLUGATTI » May 28th, 2017, 8:46 pm

i asked him why he didnt tell me he was apping, and he said because he didn't want any nepotism. so nepotism aside, he would actually fit in pretty well here. he's a pretty nice guy and likes to meme, not to mention other qualities he mentioned in his app, leadership skills and being a strong healer in case we are ever down a healer. I haven't seen how he plays first hand but judging by the guilds he has been in, that isn't going to be a concern. I second what pag said, very strong application that should be considered despite our roster size.
BLUGATTI

Postby Slappy » May 28th, 2017, 10:14 pm

We should deny him for not knowing the difference between nepotism and cronyism.
Slappy

Postby Wheeelz » May 29th, 2017, 12:53 am

Moonkin is also looking very strong next tier for most of the fights they've tested so far.

Plus I'm shit so it wouldn't hurt having a good one.
Last edited by Wheeelz on May 29th, 2017, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wheeelz

Postby simetrik » May 29th, 2017, 11:58 am

TAKE THIS GUY
simetrik

Postby Pagulayan » May 29th, 2017, 12:45 pm

Kris mentioned he has bad memories of this guy from years ago. However, people change, times change. Look at Blugatti. He has one of the most toxic reps on NA realms and he's just a big sugar plum these days. Sim didn't include much info in his previous message, but I generally trust Simmy when it comes to fanboying and he says the guy is really really good.
Pagulayan
Officer

Postby simetrik » May 29th, 2017, 8:36 pm

To elaborate: this guy has a great reputation and has committed strongly to one guild for a very long time. This is the kind of player that could be a very valuable asset for years (e.g. Stabbay). The only thing that might be an issue is he may be used to more of a calculated meritocracy, compared to our high trial acceptance rate and history of rotating in players sometimes in spite of what is the "best comp". It may not be an issue, but it's not hard to imagine a frustrating situation from his standpoint when he disagrees with an officer decision based on his experience leading (for the most part) a better performing guild.
Last edited by simetrik on May 29th, 2017, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simetrik

Postby BLUGATTI » May 31st, 2017, 4:05 pm

any chance we can have an answer for him soon? considering he could be a really good pick up, if we're going to do it we should do it sooner than later so we dont miss the opportunity
BLUGATTI

Postby Pagulayan » May 31st, 2017, 8:11 pm

It does feel like the kind of app that you don't turn down just because of roster size. With 100% attendance we have 18 dps I think (could be wrong). On a 2 tank, 4 heal fight that means 4 dps are sitting. We add him then that's 5 on an average fight sitting. Admittedly that seems a little high for a guild like this, but we rarely have 100% attendance and being +1 over our normal roster size means we aren't in panic mode if 1-2 people quit or have their computers explode. Last night on Augar we wanted to sit a tank and Wheelz had 1500 MS and we only had one dps not in already. I don't think there this guy is going to be 100% perfect necessarily but I also don't think we take much risk on him when we are potentially getting a very high quality and long term member. If someone disagrees with me, or has another reason for concern, I think most people in this thread would be open to hearing it. Thus far it seems like a lot of positive feedback about him and still no official feedback really.
Pagulayan
Officer

Postby Kris » May 31st, 2017, 9:13 pm

I'll go ahead and post in here. We have 26 people - he puts us at 27. We have no logs from him doing well at all as boomkin this entire expansion. He has some great emerald nightmare logs as resto though. His guild history Exiled Legion is great - but It's quite the stretch to consider him another stabbay.

We have 26 people - 19 DPS, 2 Tanks, 5 healers. I think we've made some solid pick ups - and just so you know these aren't people who necessarily have just seen us on wowprogress and apped... most are found by us.

I don't see this guy as a necessity to our success, and we already have a pool of people who don't get as much play time as we'd like to get them. I think it would be disingenuous to add another member to our roster.
Kris

Postby Kris » May 31st, 2017, 9:16 pm

We've denied stronger applications than this due to roster size. A lean roster is a core value of Void and something I don't think we should budge on.
Kris

Postby Slappy » May 31st, 2017, 10:02 pm

Kris wrote:We've denied stronger applications than this due to roster size. A lean roster is a core value of Void and something I don't think we should budge on.

simetrik wrote: The only thing that might be an issue is he may be used to more of a calculated meritocracy, compared to our high trial acceptance rate and history of rotating in players sometimes in spite of what is the "best comp". It may not be an issue, but it's not hard to imagine a frustrating situation from his standpoint when he disagrees with an officer decision based on his experience leading (for the most part) a better performing guild.

These combined with his previous reputation on the server leads me to believe that turning him down would probably be the right move. He can always reapply in the future if we have an opening.

Just my $.02
Slappy

Return to Archive