that enhancement shaman

Move threads to here if you don't want people to see them. If you delete something it's srsly GONE FOREVER so please move things here instead in case we want to check back later.

that enhancement shaman

Postby Madfrog » January 27th, 2017, 11:46 pm

Madfrick 9:40 PM
hey do you remember an enhance shaman called cokes?
Gray61 9:40 PM
rofl yea
Madfrick 9:40 PM
he's apping to my guild, why did he leave?
Gray61 9:40 PM
he went to snf
i dont know why he left
but he sold his account
or something
Madfrick 9:41 PM
Really?
Gray61 9:41 PM
yea
hes a wacko
might not even be him
dotn invite him

That's Woopigsooie from WWA. I was kinda confused being WWA is on Magtheridon + name change + no guild.
Madfrog

Re: that enhancement shaman

Postby BLUGATTI » January 28th, 2017, 1:10 am

It is him, he's my friend, i was the one who told him to apply to this guild. He wanted to sell his account but decided on just playing more casually. He didn't fit in well in WWA, he has his own personal issues in real life but that doesn't mean he won't in here, nor does it make him a bad person. Either way he is a really really good player who can play multiple classes.

I'm not willing to publically discuss his issues, but I am willing to discuss them with either Kris or bubble privately if they want to just so they know he doesn't have like scumbag issues or something along those lines, he just has real life shit that he deals with.
Last edited by BLUGATTI on January 28th, 2017, 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
BLUGATTI

Postby simetrik » January 28th, 2017, 8:04 am

Yeah, cocoabutters is a pretty incredible player at least in logs I've seen in the past (I didn't check the ones he's linked). I agree his situation has turned kind of weird but he has repeatedly demonstrated his ability to play the game at a very high level in the past, so I would support trialing him.
simetrik

Postby Madfrog » January 28th, 2017, 10:11 am

So he went to SNF, who are on Sargeras, and then ended up on Burning Blade without ever joining a guild? It just really seems like he did sell his account and took it back. Which is very scumbaggy if that is the case.
Last edited by Madfrog on January 28th, 2017, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madfrog

Postby BLUGATTI » January 28th, 2017, 12:37 pm

He didn't. He was in SnF on his priest. And you know, instead of making assumptions about the kid, you can just ask him in his trial thread how he ended up on burning blade :)
Last edited by BLUGATTI on January 28th, 2017, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLUGATTI

Postby nullifer » January 28th, 2017, 4:04 pm

I personally have one pugged with him a few times but I do know several people top tier players who have and said they would vouch for him. He clearly knows how to play the game, this should be an easy trial. If he ends up being too big of a douche (don't see anyone outdoing me) we can jut fail his trial.
nullifer

Postby Madfrog » January 28th, 2017, 4:30 pm

Here's everything I've heard about him in WWA from Brum/donut

He joined in HFC
Has been banned twice since then. Once for botting and another time he got his alpha pass revoked n main acct banned for trolling on the forums.
He is impulsive and asks to swap his toon consistently to the point it caused issues in WWA when they do encourage swaps for raid benefit
He applied to SNF before TOV's release. Somehow word got back to WWA about it, and he decided he would stay with WWA. Despite this the day after they killed mythic Helya he transferred to SNF for two weeks. He then got "burned out" and applied to other guilds including Encore. He withdrew his Encore app because he says he sold his account.
He's obviously a good player and can be nice but he had lashed out at people in raids a few times as well.
He's still trying to get back into WWA but they don't want to deal with him again. That said he wasn't unbearable, he just rubbed everyone the wrong way.

I didn't hear anything about his RL issues but he sounds like a total basket case.
That said I do think we should only really be going for warriors, rets, or healers. I usually am for just getting more good people but another ranged is kind of a waste.
Last edited by Madfrog on January 28th, 2017, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madfrog

Postby BLUGATTI » January 29th, 2017, 12:06 am

He already said he sold his account but kept his shaman. I don't see how some of these things are an issue, he got his alpha privileges revoked for trolling blizzard forums? Blizzard forums are filled with retards who probably deserved to be trolled, and since when do we take alpha serious enough for that to be an issue? He's said he's willing to explain any of the bad stuff that's been said about him, so why don't we talk to him about that instead of having to ask other people, the kid is an amazing player with any class he plays. And as for the point about him wanting to switch characters a lot, that never happens in this guild does it? Literally everyone in this guild has been content with the same class from the start of the expansion ?
I don't see how he could be a waste even if he's ranged when he could potentially be one of our best players if given the chance.
Not really surprising that a guild that he LEFT is the one to be saying all the bad stuff about him but he has many people able to vouch for him. Funny how that works :)
Last edited by BLUGATTI on January 29th, 2017, 12:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
BLUGATTI

Postby nullifer » January 29th, 2017, 3:26 am

There is literally nothing productive or worthwhile on the wow forums, the fact that he's been banned from it shouldn't matter when it has no bearing on his raiding capabilities. If the point you are trying to make is that he's a douche/troll I'm curious to know how many guild members you have on mute/ignore.
BLUGATTI wrote:Not really surprising that a guild that he LEFT is the one to be saying all the bad stuff about him but he has many people able to vouch for him. Funny how that works :)
this.
nullifer

Postby simetrik » January 29th, 2017, 8:03 am

The alpha thing in particular was a complete joke when it happened, assuming he got banned in the big ban wave - a lot of players (starting with Gapezilla) would spam copypasta in raid feedback threads when blizzard repeatedly fucked up testing times, sometimes even canceling testing during the scheduled time without letting anyone actually try the boss. I can't speak to the other stuff but getting banned from legion alpha is not even worth mentioning in this case.
simetrik

Postby Madfrog » January 29th, 2017, 9:41 am

The guild he left that is saying this he is trying to get back into still and they won't take him. He said that since coming back he tried to rejoin them in his thread as well. The trolling is dumb, but I am not in trade chat or the forums so I never see it.
Madfrog

Postby Pagulayan » January 29th, 2017, 12:59 pm

I'm typically in favor of adding really quality players whenever we can, as I tend to think someone is always moments from quitting for one reason or another. However, our roster is pretty full at the moment. We already have people who didn't get to raid at all Wednesday. My desire to kill things fast and rank well as a guild is at times in conflict with things that do make this an enjoyable place to raid. Void isn't going to swell up to a 30 man roster that min max's comp to the extreme, we aren't going to force out very good players for great ones, and we certainly aren't going to value a 95th percentile douchefuck over a 90th percentile fag (which I of course mean in the affectionate way that so many of our guildmates are fags).

I know nothing personally about this app, so he might be a really nice kid that's a great player and was just going through a rough time. Maybe being with people he knows and in a lower stress environment will be good for him. I do question how he would fit roster wise, ignoring anything to do with personality. I'm not exactly sure what our roster number is at now but I'm guessing around 26, and we still badly need a healer and would likely accept a really good ret/dps warrior app. So at minimum we are at 26, we take this guy we have 27, we find a healer we really need and have 28. The only way I see adding a guy like this works is if you effectively force someone out of the roster (which isn't going to happen). If he was a super hero app that did amazing damage, played a spec we really need, and had no red flags whatsoever, I think it might be worth picking him up and seeing how things go. He'd be a second ele shaman with a world of red flags coming to a roster that has no need for another ranged dps.

In my opinion, if he really wants to raid right now this is likely not the place for him. If he's going through a bunch of shit and wants to play video games with his old buddy Kindmage he could come here, do heroic runs with us, mythic plus, gear up, get ap/legendaries/ect and next time someone has to quit we work him in to the raid then so be it. By then we'd know if he's sticking around and if he is a decent fit. I realize that isn't likely an appealing offer to him, but I don't see how we give him a whole lot more.
Pagulayan
Officer

Postby Solarian » February 1st, 2017, 10:53 am

Cocoabutters wrote:However, You no reason to trust me based off of my word not to leave or ebay. Nonetheless, you have to go off of blind trust in this situation. I can see this being a perilous decision from y'alls perspective.

Also I agree with Pag.
Solarian

Return to Archive